The LCT 640 TS is a unique studio microphone. Being able to change its polar pattern and the amount of room sound even after the recording process is finished gives you an unequaled amount of freedom and creative possibilities. Use a designated plugin, the Polarizer, to conveniently decide on the characteristics of your recording; record now – decide later. Of course, the LCT 640 TS can also serve as a classic multi-pattern condenser mic with standard polar pattern functionality.
LCT 640 TS Key Features (250 words)
LCT 640 TS – Revolutionary studio microphone
In its unique Dual Output Mode, the LCT 640 TS gives you an infinite number of polar patterns
to choose from at any given time of the production process. Set and fine-tune the patterns
dynamically without leaving your desk using LEWITTs Polarizer plugin.
What if you had recorded differently?
Your material can be manipulated at any given time as if you have recorded it using let’s say an
omni instead of a cardioid pattern. This way you can drastically change the overall sound of
your song or just one particular instrument. You can even fix things thought to be unfixable,
e.g. adjust room sound in post, reduce bleeding, etc.
Polarizer plug-in – for all platforms
LEWITT created the Polarizer plug-in specifically for the LCT 640 TS (compatible with PC and
MAC, available as VST, AU and AAX plugin).
Stereo recordings. Yes, please.
Point the side of the microphone to the signal source and record both outputs on a stereo track
in your DAW. Change the panorama for both signals to adjust the stereo width.
Perfect Match technology
All LCT 640 TS are produced to have the exact sensitivity at 1 kHz +/- 0.4 dB.
Standard Multi-Pattern Mode
Plug in one 3-pin XLR and you have a large diaphragm multi-pattern condenser mic featuring
the following polar patterns: omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid and figure-8
Shock mount and magnetic pop filter included
You can move the LCT 640 TS as close as you like to the source. In comparison to most models
on the market, the magnetic pop filter perfectly integrates with the design of the microphone.
Modern studio features
The LCT 640 TS features Clipping History, a clipping indicator, four low-cut and preattenuation
• Unique 1” true condenser studio microphone
• Polarizer plugin to fine-tune the polar pattern
• Dual Output Mode – all polar patterns at any given time
• Multi-Pattern Mode – omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid, figure-8
• Clipping Indicator and Clipping History
• Frequency range: 20 … 20,000 Hz
• Sensitivity: 31 mV/Pa, -30.1 dBV/Pa (cardioid)
• Self-noise: 10.5 dB (A)
• Max. SPL for 0.5% THD: 134 dBSPL
• Dynamic range: 123.5 dB (A)
• Low-cut: linear, 40 Hz (12 dB/oct), 80 Hz (12 dB/oct), 160 Hz (6 dB/oct)
• Attenuation: 0 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB
• Incl. shock mount, magnetic pop filter, protective case
Dimensions and weight
• Weight: 425 g, 14.9 oz
• Dimensions: 158 x 52 x 36 mm, 6.22 x 2.04 x 1.42 in
What is in the box
• LEWITT LCT 640 TS
• Protective case
• LCT 50 PSx – Magnetic pop filter
• LCT 40 Wx – Windscreen
• LCT 40 SHx – Shock mount
• LCT 40 TS – Mini 3-pin XLR cable
• DTP 40 Lb – Cushioned mic bag